If you have suffered a whiplash injury due to a car accident,* book an appointment with our cork based solicitors today.
021 420 4122
From our offices in Cork, Finghín O’Driscoll Solicitors assists clients receive the legal redress they deserve following a whiplash injury.*
Whiplash is a type of personal injury* most commonly caused as a result of a motor accident when a stationary car is hit by another vehicle from behind. On impact, the head and neck are suddenly forced back, then forward causing hyperextension leading to soft tissue damage to the neck. A recent study found 80% of all personal injury claims* are for whiplash claims.*
Our Cork based personal injury whiplash solicitors have helped numerous individuals injured due to whiplash.
Symptoms of Whiplash Injury
Whiplash can also lead to other more severe symptoms such as:
Post-traumatic stress disorder
Lack of sleep
Need a solicitor that concentrates on whiplash claims in Cork? Get in contact with the offices of Finghín O’Driscoll Solicitors today.
021 420 4122
What to Do if you Suffer a Whiplash Injury
1.Get Medical Help
Consult with a doctor to examine the injuries. A medical report will be required as part of your claim.*
2. Report the Incident
As is the case for all road traffic incidents contact the Gardai if you have been involved in an accident.
3. Talk to Witnesses
Take contact details of any witnesses that saw the incident.
4. Keep accurate and timely records
Take photographs of the scene of the collision and injuries suffered. Maintain up to date records of injury and related expenses.
5. Consult with a personal injury solicitor*
A skilled personal injury solicitor will know how to deal with the paperwork and make the claims process simpler.
Average Whiplash Compensation Claim
While whiplash claims* vary on a case by case basis the Book of Quantum specifies the level of compensation* for whiplash compensations.*
Minor – substantially recovered up to €15,700
Minor – a full recovery expected up to €19,400
Moderate €20,400 to €30,200
Moderately Severe €34,400 to €52,200
Severe and permanent €44,600 to €77,900
If you have suffered Whiplash due to a road traffic accident, get in contact with our Cork based offices today.
021 420 4122
Whiplash Injury Case Settlement *
The eventual settlement of a whiplash claim in regards to the settlement and the time it takes to settle will vary depending on the details and specifics of each case.
The steps a whiplash claim * undergoes include:
- The submission of your claim by a whiplash claim solicitor * to the Injuries Board.
- The Injuries Board will access the whiplash claim and suggest a compensation amount
- The injured party and the insurance company that represents the person at fault will then decide if they are willing to accept the compensation amount
- If the amount suggested by the injuries board is accepted by both parties, the whiplash claim * is settled
- However, if one or both of the parties rejects the suggested whiplash claim amount * the process moves on to the next stage
- Legal proceedings are issued and the whiplash claim * moves closer to being reviewed in court by a judge.
- Settlement talks are organised with the claimant and the claimant’s whiplash claim solicitor * in an effort to find a settlement figure that both parties can agree upon
- If the settlement talks cannot decide on an amount the whiplash claim will be seen by a judge who will make a decision on the case.
Settlement talks present an opportunity for the individuals involved in the case and the whiplash injury solicitors to iron-out any issues that may be preventing a settlement figure being reached.
The costs awarded to the injured party are calculated based on the whiplash injury and the expensive the injured party has incurred in the treatment of the injury.
The factors that can influence the amount of whiplash compensation can include:
General Damages: General damages refer to non-financial damages e.g. pain and suffering and the physical and emotional injuries suffered following the accident. The overall impact on the quality of life of the injured party is also accessed.
Special Damages: Special damages refer to out-of-pocket expenses incurred due to the injury. These can include medical expenses (travelling to and from the hospital), any future medical expenses, travel costs associated with t he whiplash injury, lost earnings and future lost earnings.
Need a whiplash claim solicitor * in Dublin? Schedule a consultation in our Dublin offices today.
021 420 4122
How long does it take to Settle A Whiplash Claim * in Ireland?
A typical whiplash injury claim * will in all likelihood take months to settle. Every whiplash injury claim * is different and therefore the timeline will depend on the following factors:
- The extent of the whiplash injury. Sever injuries may lead to a delay in the individual beginning the legal process
- The insurance company involved in the whiplash claim case may not move as quickly as the individual would like. Our team of whiplash claim solicitors * do everything in our power to streamline the claim but we the insurance company may inadvertently slow down the process.
- The complexity of the case may require an additional amount of documentation to be gathered. Documentation gathering will in all likelihood delay the process
- After all the necessary documentation has been gathered for a whiplash injury claim, the claim is submitted to the Injuries Board. The Injuries board have about nine months to calculate the compensation amount
- The injured party has 28 days to accept or reject the offer after it is issued by the Injuries Board
- If the settlement amount is accepted by both parties the case is officially settled
- If one or both parties reject the offer our whiplash claim solicitors will move to begin legal proceedings
Need a Dublin whiplash claim solicitor? Get in contact with Finghín O’Driscoll Solicitors today.
021 420 4122